Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paris, Feb. 13-14, 2010

Welcome to Paris!

Lance and I are very blessed.  As I am writing these for previous trips and getting to look at all the pictures again, I sit here in awe.  Wow.  Seriously?  Paris.  And over Valentine's Day weekend 2010.
Paris was well worth the trip.  I am thankful I got the chance to see everything and experience that with Lance.  However, if I never go back, I will be ok.  But please keep in mind, I loathe crowds.  And Paris.  Was crowded!!!

One of our first stops!  The Eiffel Tower!  It was magnificent!  Bigger that I ever thought it was.  We learned that it was built for the 1889 World's Fair and was to be torn down right after.  However, France decided to use it as a radio tower instead lol :)  Which is what it was used for in WWII.



I LOVED the movie, Moulin Rouge.  Let me rephrase that, I love the music.  And guess what?!  The actual Moulin Rouge is in Paris!  Now, I didn't hear any singing or see any dancing.  But it was cool!  This is where the first Moulin Rouge was and that is the actual windmill that was there.  The windmill dates back from the 1890s.



We also got the chance to see Notre Dame de Paris!  It was beautiful and amazing inside-out.  It dates back from the 12th century.  The outside was surrounded by a beautiful little park.  Even though it was in the 20s, we saw brides getting there pictures taken around Norte Dame in sleeveless dresses.  It made me cold.  I tried to get Lance to marry me in Paris on Valentine's Day.  But he told me no.  lol It was worth a shot :)



We got a chance to go to The Louvre.  We didn't go see Mona Lisa, because it would have taken us over 2 hours to just get tickets to get INTO The Louvre... let alone the line to go and SEE her.  And from what we kept hearing, when not in French, was that the picture is actually very, very small compared to what you would think it would be.  But we ate lunch and walked around the grounds.  It is a very beautiful museum.  If you ever saw The Da Vinci Code, you should recognize our photo :)



I'd say, over all, Paris was a great trip!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment