I had been craving blueberry pie lately... and I just couldn't find a recipe that sounded like "The Best of The Best"... and then I stumbled across this one. And let me tell you.... it is "The Best Beyond The Best".
Truly, enjoy this one with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Blueberry Pie
Filling:
3 to 4 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen (without syrup)
_
2/3 White Sugar
7 Tbsp Corn Starch
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Allspice
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Water
__
1 Deep Dish Frozen Pie Crust or 1 Homemade Pie Crust
*Add 1 more crust if you want a dough topping
Crumble Topping:
1/4 c. White Sugar
1/2 c. Flour
1/4 c. Soft Butter
Preheat oven to 375F. 190C for those of us overseas....
1. Rise fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries in cold water. If using fresh, dig out mushy or soft blueberries or any stems or leaves that might have not been cleaned off them. Then strain them very, very well!! If using frozen blueberries, spread 3 Tbsp of Corn Starch on the bottom of pie crust.
2. Dump blueberries in pie crust.
3. Add sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice and water into a small bowl, whisk until completely blended!
4. Dump as evenly as you can over the blueberries. It is ok you are using fresh blueberries and the liquid is at the bottom, the pie will bake down into it.
5. I recommend using the crumble topping... delicious! So mix the sugar, flour, and butter all together with a fork. Don't worry. It isn't to blend together. Just enough that you don't just have flour sitting at the bottom of the bowl.
6. Sprinkle crumble topping over the pie!! If your mouth isn't watering by this point... there is something wrong with you.....
7. Cook for an hour.
Seriously the best blueberry pie I have ever had.... ENJOY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment