Heaven on a plate!
This... is one of my favorites. Haha I think I say that about each recipe I add! But truly, this is a delicious, addicting meal!
My parents just came to visit us in Germany and this was one of the meal that I had told myself I had to make while they were here. To good to keep it a secret! They really enjoyed it AND it makes great leftovers for my hubby to take to work the next day!
Salsa Chicken
4 to 6 Skinless Chicken Breast, thawed
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning Mix (El Paso, etc...)
1-1/4 cup Rice, brown or white, cooked
1 (16oz) Jar Salsa, mild, medium or hot - whatever your taste may be
1/4 cup Water or Chicken Broth
Shredded Cheddar Cheese - optional but you want this....
Sour Cream - optional but you want this too.....
Guacamole - optional
-Get out thawed chicken and cover both sides with the taco seasoning. Your hands might get messy. :)
-Open salsa and pour just enough to cover the bottom of your crock pot. We don't want the chicken to stick to the bottom!
-Place chicken on the bottom, layering is ok if you need too - the chicken will cook through. Pour the cooked rice over the chicken. Then dump the jar of salsa on top of the rice. Then sprinkle the water or broth over the salsa!
HOLD THE CHEESE! We're not ready yet!
Cook on low 6-8 hours. It will start to smell DELICIOUS!
Once the time is up, scoop from the top onto a plate :) Rice then chicken on top. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Lance and I love cheese - so we pile it on. But you don't have to.
If you like sour cream and/or guacamole, put on the side for your family to dip the mixture into.
The chicken will be so tender due to the salsa, the tomato base helps tenderize the chicken. :)
ENJOY!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment