This is my mom's recipe and it is really really yummy. It is one of those dishes that I crave on cold days when I need comfort food.
If I have turkey on hand I use it, but that doesn't happen often. So we mainly use chicken! Sometimes I'll boil a whole chicken and pick it apart - the best way. But if I don't have the time or patience for that, I just boil a few chicken breasts and then dice them up!
Pot Pie
1 can Veg-All Original Mixed Vegetables, drained (found in the canned aisle)
1 pound cooked Chicken or Turkey, diced or shredded
1 (10-3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/4 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie crust
Preheat oven to 375F.
In medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients (minus the pie crust - duh). Mix well and fill one of the pie crusts with the mixture. Top with remaining pie crust. Crimp edges together - seal. Prick top with a fork.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot.
Enjoy!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment