Monday, December 6, 2010

Best Cornbread EVER!



I found this recipe when I was at Ball State University living on my own.  And I have never gone back or tried another one.

Cornbread
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (not melted)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375F.

Grease 8-inch square baking pan or a pie pan.

Combine butter with sugar and eggs in large bowl.  Blend in milk, flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.  (A few lumps are a.ok to have... but make sure that you blend in the baking powder very well - or you will get a yucky bite if it isn't mixed well)

Pour batter into pan.

Bake 25 minutes or until surface springs back.

You can remove and place on wire rack - or just serve out of dish.  Serve hot or warm!

We love to put butter or light Karo Syrup (just like Grandma Bailey use too!).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment