Thursday, February 24, 2011

Green Chile-Chicken Casserole




Hungry for a warm, cheesy Mexican dish?  This one will sore above any of your expectations!  The best thing about this dish.... it is even better... the second day.  And here I sit... having it for lunch, on the second day  while I'm blogging this :)

The first time you cook this, it might take you a few minutes.  But the next time, it is much quicker.  And trust me... there will be... a next time :)

Green Chili-Chicken Casserole
---first 9 ingredients----
1 1/3 cups chicken broth, fat-free, less-sodium
1 cup canned chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup sour cream, fat-free
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 (10 1/2-oz) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 minced garlic clove
----^^-----
24 flour or corn tortillas, small ones
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese - but I use more :)  We love cheese!

Alrighty!  Away we go!
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2.  Combine first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.


3.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  And start layering...
   - First layer - 1 cup of soup
   - Second layer - 6 tortilas arranged over the soup
   - Third layer - 1 cup chicken
   - Fourth layer - 1/2 cup cheese
   - AND REPEAT 3 times!  Ending with cheese on top!


4.  Spread remaining soup over the cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or until bubbly.

Enjoy!!!  It is so yummy.  I already finished my lunch and I really wish I would have switched Lance and I lunches so I could have had a bigger piece!

Amazing!



I believe my mom gave me this one from the cookbook, "Cooking Light".

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment