Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mom's Meatloaf



There is nothing quite like mom's meatloaf.  Even Cracker Barrel, Lord knows I worked for them, can't get it right...  Just something about Mom.... they have that special cooking "touch".

My mom is a health nut.  If you ever want health food advice or idea or recipes - she is the one to call.  She substitutes turkey often for beef.  And it normally tastes better and healthier :)  Her meatloaf is one of those.  And where you may normally make your meatloaf with beef... try it her way.  I promise, you will love it. :)

And my mom... no offense... is the best.  Yet, I know I'm bias.  Rightfully so.  And I am excited to share her recipe with you!

Mom's Meatloaf
1 lb. ground turkey
1 lb. ground turkey sausage
20 Ritz or Club crackers, crushed
1 small onion, diced
1 small green pepper, finally diced
1 can tomato sauce, 8 oz. - divided into 6oz. and 2 oz.
1 tsp. seasoned salt

- I love Franks Hot Sauce and add it to everything I normally make

Here we go!
1. Mix all ingredients (I add a few dashes of hot sauce), except 2oz. tomato sauce.



2. Get a 9x13 pan out and dump the mixture into the pan and form a loaf!
3. Mix 2 oz tomato sauce with a good squirt of ketchup (and I add a few dashes of Franks!), and pour over top of meatloaf.

Bake at 350F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes!

ENJOY!!! <3


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment