Yum, Yum, YUM! Moms' always make the best chili ever! And this recipe is top notch!
This is not just a fall and winter meal. This is an all-season meal!
Mom's Chili
1 pound turkey
Onion to taste - I use 1 small onion - diced
Green pepper to taste - I use 1 medium pepper - diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional - 1 cup noodles, cooked and drained - sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't.
Optional - I add 2 Tbsp of hot sauce because we like a kick
Away we go!!!
1. In a skillet - Brown the turkey with onion and green pepper. Drain.
2. In a pot - Mix remaining ingredients. Add the browned turkey and noodles to the pot; stir. Cover with lid and let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Serve hot and toasty!

No comments:
Post a Comment