Sunday, March 13, 2011

To Double or Half - Measurements

I found this to be very helpful!!  Sometimes I don't want to make a HUGE dish for just the two of us... we end up pitching a lot.  So I have started to halve recipes - and sometimes, I get stuck on how to exactly half 1/3 cup.... but here you go!


ORIGINAL RECIPE

TO DOUBLE RECIPE

TO HALVE RECIPE

 1 cup = 16 Tbsp 2 Cups 1/2 cup 
 3/4 cup = 12 Tbsp1 1/2 cups 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp 
 2/3 cup = 10 1/2 Tbsp1 1/3 cups1/3 cup 
 1/2 cup = 8 Tbsp1 cup 1/4 cup 
 1/3 cup = 5 Tbsp + 1 tsp2/3 cup3 Tbsp 
 1/4 cup = 4 Tbsp1/2 cup 2 Tbsp 
 2 Tbsp1/4 cup 1 1/2 Tbsp 
 1 Tbsp = 15 ml = 3 tsp2 Tbsp1 1/2 tsp
 2 tsp4 tsp 1 tsp 
 1 tsp = 5 ml2 tsp 1/2 tsp 
 1/2 tsp1 tsp 1/4 tsp 
 1/4 tsp1/2 tsp A pinch




http://www.eggfreebaking.com/structure/halving-or-doubing-a-recipe.html

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment