I was so excited about getting my ID card. I thought it would be great. In my mind, it was my initiation into the Air Force. I get my card, I'm accepted! However... now...
My life literally revolves around my military ID card. With my card I'm able to get on base, go to the commissary, pump gas, buy anything in the shoppette, it is my TriCare card, among the many other things that "THAT" card allows me to do. If I so happen to forget "THAT" card at home, which I have - only once, I can't get on base, easily. I have to get out of my car, walk to the gate, and give them my social. Yet, even then once on base without "THAT" card... what can I do? Window shop. That is all. I'm scared to death, What if I lose it?! What if it walks away?! What if it is stolen!?!?!?! But I guess I just need to not worry over milk, that isn't yet spilt.
But.. my question is... how did I ever survive before this card?? It almost does backflips on it's own!
No comments:
Post a Comment