Needless to say. I love, LOVE cows. I don't know why. But I do. Maybe it is the fact that they moo. Maybe it is the fact that they are HUGE are balance on tiny toothpick legs. Maybe it is that they are black and white. And I am a very, very black and white person. I don't see much grey in life. But regardless. I love cows!
Poor Lance inherited a ton of cow stuff. Cow coffee mugs, a cow wind chime, a cow snow globe, a big cow bell, scarves, a calendar, and the list would go on, and on, and on.... I don't know what Lance thought about those big, fat, lovely, beautiful beasts before we married but now he is getting use to them.
Lance and my's first cow experience happened when we road tripped from Alabama back to good ol' Indiana. We stopped into Gatliburg for a few days and enjoyed all the scenery. Lance had never been there and I live and breathe that place.
We were driving down the mountain side from our cabin into town. It was one of the most beautiful views ever. The mountains cascading over the sky, green grass painted all over, and there... right there in the middle of it all, grazing by the side of the road... was the most perfect cow ever!
So I scream at Lance to stop the Jeep. He slams on the breaks and is looking around like he had hit someone or something huge. I grabbed my camera and I rolled down the window, as quick as it would - which wasn't quick enough, and looked at that cow. And "MOOOOOOOED" as loud and as long as I could! After I had gotten my cow fever out, I glanced over at Lance, I kinda forgot he was there... remember... there was a cow involved. He is looking at me like I was crazy! He had no idea what to say, do or not to do. He just started driving again.
Now adays, he will point out cows and ask if I want him to stop for me. Isn't he sweet?

No comments:
Post a Comment