We, by we I mean Lance, have been throwing ideas around. We won't find out where we will be stationed next till 6 months prior to our departing date. I'm leaning towards the states, Texas, Florida, Cali, and Lance is leaning towards Italy, England, Japan.... He likes to play the "If you had to pick...." game with me and see which out of the most random places would I pick.... The other day he asks me, "If you had to pick between Italy, Japan or North Dakota, which would you pick?" Without skipping a beat I responded, "North Dakota." You would have thought I threw a snowball and hit him in the face. He couldn't believe that I would pick ND over somewhere as romantic as Italy or as tropical as Japan. But my thought was.... my family could come see me in a days drive and I could make it to them in a days drive... or better yet! we could meet in the middle for long weekends! But I think Lance has other thoughts in mind.
I have had a tough time transitioning and letting go and letting God. I keep fighting Germany. I keep fighting for something that no longer can exist in my life. Being close to my family, my friends, a job, being surrounded by Americans, being able to road trip and not worrying about having my passport, etc... I have fought transitioning tooth n' nail. I have lost sleep of it, gained weight for it, gone stir crazy from it (or maybe just crazy).... I keep telling God how big my problems are... but I never tell my problems how big my God is.... which brings us to the other night....
A few nights ago, I didn't feel like cooking. Kinda burnt out. Lance called before he left work and offered to grab Chinese for us. Saa-weet!! I was pumped! I'd been craving Chinese for sometimes and would finally get it! Since we don't have TV channels, just static, we watch a lot of DVD TV series. So we popped one in and plopped down on the couch to enjoy a nice relaxing evening together. When we were almost done with our dinner, Lance looks over at me and says, "Will you follow me where ever I go?" I replied, "Most everywhere." He thinks for a second, "Will you follow me to Japan???" Giving myself a few seconds to respond, "I'll come visit you from time to time, and you can fly back and visit me from time to time in Indiana." He frowned at me and handed me the fortune cookie that I had pointed to that I wanted. I don't really like fortune cookies... but they are part of the "experience" and so I at least break one open, have a good laugh or roll my eyes at the so called "fortune" and throw it all away. However... I opened the cookie and read my fortune.... and I couldn't stop laughing long enough to be able to read it to Lance.... You know... I think God has a good sense of humor. And I guess I got a good message from him.... I even ate my cookie...... After all... it was a fortune that was right on time....
"Change is happening in your life, so go with the flow."
No comments:
Post a Comment