Friday, March 18, 2011

Foil Fish




In college, I lived in a nice little apt across the street from Ball State.  I didn't have a meal card for campus, I didn't have anyone else cooking for me... but me!  So I learned how to cook for 1 (which I have since lost that talent).  I would buy a package of individual frozen tilapia - last me a long time.  And I would cook them one at a time, just like this.  A poor college kid's recipe I put together one night when I was hungry :)

Foil Fish
Foil
Tilapia, thawed out (as many fillets as you wish)
Olive Oil
Cajan Seasoning

Away we go!
Preheat oven to 400F.
1.  Tear a foil square (a foot or so long) one piece for each piece of fish.  Tear one, test and see if it was to big or small.  *Fold in 1/2 to get the crease line
2.  Place a fish fillet right below the 1/2 way crease line.
3.  Pour 1/2 tsp. olive oil over each fillet.  Sprinkle as little or as much seasonings as you like!


 4.  Now the fun part!  Folding!  Once you have folded the foil over, make a pouch.  Start on one side and work your way around until the whole thing is sealed!  No gaps or open places!


5.  Lay on a cookie sheet in a single layer.  Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6.  When you take take them out - they will be bubbled up.  Take a knife and gently cut the top open.

ENJOY!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment