I recently took a German cooking class. It was so much fun and I learned a TON of new cooking facts!! I think the Germans have been cooking correctly for... well... a really, really long time.
This was one of the dish we made. As the instructor gave us the recipe and started to explain the ingredients, I thought... UCK! What did I get myself INTO?
Yet, it was delightful! All the strange ingredients complement each other perfectly!
Don't write this recipe off! Very yummy!
Colorful Rice Salad (Bunter Reissalat)
1 cup White Rice, cooked
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Yellow Pepper
3 Green Onions
1 Apple (Fiji, Braeburn)
1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
3 Tbsp Basalmic Vinegar or Sherry Vinegar
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice or 1/2 Lemon
2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Clove Garlice
(Ginger
To (Curry Powder
Taste (White pepper
( Pepper
(Tabasco
Away we go!!
1. Make rice and dump into a medium bowl.
2. Wash and chop the bell pepper and green onions, little pieces. Place in bowl.
3. Wash, chop, and remove seeds the apple and toss with lemon. Place in bowl.
4. Mix yogurt, cream, chili sauce, vinegar, garlic, and seasonings to taste.
5. Mix all ingredients together and let sit 15 minutes. Eat right away or refrigerate.
Guten Appeiti!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment