Monday, March 28, 2011

Pizza! Homemade pizzas!


Lance and I are in love... with pizza!!!  And of course with each other :)

My sister has been making pizzas for New Year's Eve Parties and Superbowl Parties for the last 6 years! I have always enjoyed them!  I was sure that my brother-in-law and Sarah spent hours upon hours making the dough.  But I never truly knew how easy the dough was to make!  And the funnest part is "decorating" the pizza with all the delightful things we love!

These make perfect Friday Date Nights even better!

Homemade Pizza Dough
1 package yeast
1 1/2 cup Luke-Warm Water
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
4-5 cups Flour

Away we go!
1.  Mix yeast and warm water.  Add salt and sugar.  Stir.
2.  Mix enough flour to make dough spring back when touched.  Knead slightly.
3.  Put in an air-tight container and let rise 30 minutes.
4.  Roll or hand push dough onto a pizza pan and let rise 10 minutes.
5.  The Best PART!!!  Top with all those yummy goodies!! *I advise putting the cheese down first, then top.
6.  Preheat oven to 450F.  Cook for 30 minutes.  Check on a the pizza and if needed, moved the rack down.

If you get wild and crazy!  Cut off a bit of dough and roll out.  Don't top.  Place at the bottom of the oven for 10 minutes, pull out, top with melted butter mixed with fresh garlic.  Top with cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.


Totally will become a family favorite!!!

ENJOY!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment